Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Savannah Sin

What you Need:

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups sour cream
1/2 cup chopped cooked ham
1/3 cup chopped green onions
1/3 cup chopped green chiles (optional)
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 (1-pound) round loaf French bread 

How to Cook:
 
Combine the cheddar cheese, cream cheese, sour cream, ham, green onions, green chiles and Worcestershire sauce in a bowl and mix well.  Cut a thin slice from the top of the bread loaf; reserve.  Remove the center carefully, leaving a shell.  Cut the bread from the center into 1-inch cubes.  Fill the bread shell with the dip; top with the reserved top.  Wrap in foil.  Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.  Serve with bread cubes, crackers or chips.
 
Recipe from "Downtown Savannah Style"
 


Deborah's Dish Results


This dish wasn't difficult to put together but it didn't look done after an hour...I cooked it a little longer.  I couldn't eat it at all while it was hot, but after chilled I tried it and it was better that way to me, but I really just didn't like it! I was hoping it'd be good with Fritos Corn Chips and that's what we used to dip it out with.

The Dish!
The Husband:  Yep, he'll eat anything!

Me:  It wasn't good at all.... I'll NEVER make it again.

Food Critic #1:  Didn't try it.

Food Critic #2:  Didn't try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment