Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Chicken Pot Pie


What you Need:

4 boiled chicken breasts
1 (16 oz) can mixed vegetables, drained
2 (10 oz) cans cream of chicken soup
1 small onion
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 pkg frozen deep dish pie crusts for bottom (2 crusts)
1 pkg frozen reg 9-inch pie crusts for top (2 crusts)


How to Cook:

Cook Chicken until tender; cool and debone.  Boneless chicken may be used.  Add mixed vegetables, onion, chicken broth, soup and chicken together.  Make holes with fork in bottom of both dish crusts; divide ingredients between 2 pies.  Cover with 9-inch crust; slit tops.  Bake until bubbles through slits, about 20 minutes in 425.

Recipe from the book "Taste & See that the Lord is good Luxomni Baptist Church"

Deborah's Dish Results 



This dish was EASY to make and fast!  I cooked both at the same time which was way too much food for my family.  Should I freeze one pie before I cook it or after I cook it next time?  I really liked the chicken pot pie, but the kids weren't crazy about it...surprise, surprise.  

 The Dish!
 

The Husband:  He enjoyed it and was happy with leftovers.

Me: I liked it and would want to make it again for sure!

Food Critic #1: He said it was "Just Okay" but I don't think he ate much of it at all!

Food Critic #2:  She mostly just picked out the chicken and ate that for dinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment