Sunday, January 11, 2015

Saints' Beef Stroganoff

What you Need:

4 tablespoons flour, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 pound beef sirloin, cut into 1/4 inch strips
4 tablespoons butter, divided
1 (3oz) can sliced mushrooms, drained, or 1 cup fresh
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 (10 1/2 oz) can beef broth
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 (8oz) container sour cream

How to Cook:

Combine 2 tablespoons flour and salt.  Coat beef with flour mixture.  heat a skillet, then add 2 tablespoons butter.  When melted, add beef to butter, in batches if necessary, and brown quickly on both sides.  Add mushrooms, onion and garlic and cook until onion is tender.  Remove meat and vegetables, reserving drippings in skillet.  Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter.  Blend in remaining 2 tablespoons flour.  Add tomato paste.  Stir in broth and wine.  cook and stir over medium-high heat until thick and bubbly.  Return meat and vegetables to skillet.  Stir in sour cream.  Cook slowly until heated through; do not boil.  Serve over hot, buttered noodles.

Recipe from the book "First Come, First Served...In Savannah"

Deborah's Dish Results 


I was very nervous about this one because I was afraid I wouldn't like it at all!  I didn't like the way it smelled for some reason while cooking, but I tasted it & it was really good!!  Food Critic #2 helped me cook this one and we had fun prepping the ingredients into little bowls.  She likes putting them in when needed!  I thought the kids might like this one because it seems kind of like Hamburger Helper!  Well, it seemed to be a good recipe for the family because everyone ate a little of it this time.


 The Dish!
 
The Husband:  He said it was pretty good!  He even had seconds of it!

Me:  I was pleasantly surprised that I liked it!  It wasn't hard to cook and it made a lot so we have leftovers.

Food Critic #1:  He was scared to try it, but once he did....he thought it was good!  However, he ate a mushroom and decided it wasn't as good anymore!

Food Critic #2:  She said it was YUMMY! 


Here's a look at the cookbooks I have been pulling out recipes from at home!


No comments:

Post a Comment